Friday, January 31, 2014

High Five for Friday!

Linking up with Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday! 

This week is many words and not so many pictures. 

1. Everything these day is coming up babies! So many of our friends and family are expecting or have cute little ones to cuddle. Kasey and I braved the cold on Monday (our 3rd day off school this year because of the freezing temps) and met baby Arlo at the hospital. He was only one day old and so, so cute and snuggly! My only regret is that we didn't get any pictures… another visit to him (and his mom and dad) needs to be scheduled soon!


2. Throw back… blog edition! I cannot believe it has been a whole year since this senior night! So proud of these college freshman (and their coaches)!


3. Staff workouts this week have been awesome! It's hard and sweaty and exhausting and I love it! (I'm working on another post on this soon.)

4. & 5. Reading Machines! We are getting ready for the Iowa Assessments here… it's been such a long planning process leading up to another long week of tests for the students. Sometimes, while looking at scores and requirements, it's easy to focus on what my kids don't know and don't do. I tried to take some time this week to appreciate how far the kids have come this year. 

One of the biggest things?! They read! They read all the time! I see books in study hall and at lunch and after school. They are reading chapter books and picture books and newspapers! We took some time this week to visit the library and celebrate all of our accomplishments that aren't measured by standardized tests! (And rewarded ourselves with mustache bookmarks!)


I hope everyone else is having a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment