1. Basketball season has started -- and, as my first season as an official head coach's wife, I am feeling the commitment! I am working on another post about our little family's commitment to coaching, but so far I am just enjoying getting to know this year's Columbus Wildcats -- they are such a fun group to watch already!
2. My weight-loss journey is back on track -- I am feeing really confident (even through the holidays) and have added an additional challenge for the next month. I signed-up to complete the Skinny Snowman Challenge with Brooke: Not on a Diet. I am so excited to be a part of this group and to have a support system of 'friends'.
3. When I married Kasey I got an awesome group of nieces and nephews -- they are already teenagers, and a blast to hang out with! I also got an awesome group of not-really-nieces that call us Uncle Kasey and Aunt Jen. We had a play-date last Saturday, they helped me make banana muffins and taught me new games (on my own iPad!).
4. I-O-W-A! The Hawks beat the Nebraska Cornhuskers yesterday for the first time in years (maybe decades!). This was especially wonderful for me -- a Hawkeye fan and Cyclone graduate. The saying goes that the one thing both Iowa and Iowa State fans can agree on is that everyone hates Nebraska!
We watched the game at our favorite place to eat, the Vine in Iowa City (the place where Kasey really developed his love of wings!).
5. It has been an unexpectedly busy holiday week, but we still have found many opportunities to spend time with family. Starting on Wednesday night, we had dinner with Kasey's mom and step-dad, then spent Thanksgiving with my extended family on both sides, had lunch with Kasey's sister and dinner with Kasey's brother on Friday. We are looking forward to two more extended family meals this weekend! We are truly blessed with families that take the time to be together.
I hope everyone else is having a wonderful week!