Tuesday, November 19, 2013

My Get-Back-On-Track Goals

This is the first time I've ever publicly discussed my weight or weight loss journey on the internets -- but my love for the community and need for support outweighs the fear. Here we go…


I am really good an expert at the first few weeks of any diet or fitness program… I am especially excellent at the first two months of the Weight Watchers program (I've done it 3 times in the past two years). All the tracking, working out, and going to meetings is great… for the first 9 weeks. Then I start to fail...

  • in April and May 2011 I trained (program, diet, everything) for my first 5k -- rocked it -- and decided that running wasn't my 'thing' anymore.
  • in January 2012 a friend and I started a 9-week boot camp with a friend and we lasted about 6 weeks… then we started meeting at the Starbucks next door to the Y. 
  • in May 2012 I started Weight Watchers online for the fist time, but quit a few weeks later after a food-filled family vacation.
  • in April, May, and June of 2013 I started the 'great wedding diet' -- including Weight Watchers online again -- but couldn't keep up the workouts or diet amongst all the summer fun.
  • and in September 2013 I re-started Weight Watchers -- this time by attending meetings and forcing my husband to get on board with healthy eating and meal planning...
But. Here is my confession:

This past week I have been snacking. Hardcore snacking. Snacking after school in my classroom on reward candy -- alone so I don't have to track the points. I'm even scared to count up the number of not-so fun size candy bars I've eaten for fear that it will equal an entire days worth of points. 

I don't think it's all been bad -- I have been in great control of my meal planning and meal points, I have been attending weekly meetings religiously, and I have reached my goal off 100% on Activelink 10+ days in a row. I'm not sure why I can't keep to a program… it's frustrating when I feel like I was doing everything right this time. I felt like attending meetings would keep me accountable and honest and that having a great support system of husband and friends would keep me excited about the change. I also was careful not to go to extremes -- I have been choosing to eat things that stay within my range and are healthier alternatives and portion sizes than before, but still allow myself to indulge sometimes and to eat meals that work for our little family.

But frustration still got the best of me -- after two weeks of doing everything 'right' I still only lost .2 pounds in two weeks (ugh!) and the snacking and self-destruction started. And I'm not really sure where to go from here… but here are a couple of my small goals.



What about you? What are some goals and advice my blogging experts have to share?!


No comments:

Post a Comment