5 things you missed... (while I was away!)
1) I interviewed for and accepted a new job for the fall! I am so excited to announce that I will be the high school teacher-librarian at Muscatine High School this fall. I am so ecstatic to have this amazing opportunity as such a new teacher librarian. I am preparing myself to take all the knowledge and experience I have gained as a MS Language teacher and as a School Library Studies graduate student and put it to great use helping the staff and students at MHS.
This job means a lot of big changes in the relationships I have with my coworkers and students -- and a lot of changes in my daily schedule. But I am so excited (and already have so many ideas bouncing around in my head!).
2) With our jobs for next year all lined up, we have been on the lookout for a different place to live. Kasey and I have loved our little place on his grandparents land for the past two years, but we are so ready to have a bigger place (that we can fill with a family sometime soon!). We found an awesome 4 bedroom house in Columbus Junction that fits great with our budget -- we will be renting from a couple of retired teachers... pretty much a perfect arrangement! I'll post pictures after I go crazy redecorating!
3) A new place also means selling our current place. I want to give HUGE pats on the back to anyone who has ever sold a house... because it is a lot of work! After doing some research (and a lot of staging -- goodbye junk!) we have had several people out to look at our place. We haven't made any decisions yet, but some of the offers have two-week expiration dates so things will get busier before they slow down!
4) I am 2/3rds of the way done with with the first 1/2 of my thesis (way to tired to do the math!). My topic is: The Collaborative Relationship Between School Teacher Librarians and Public Librarians. Without boring you too much, I find it really interesting and really stressful all at the same time. This semester has been some of the latest nights in my graduate school career!
Also last month, I completed my practicum hours in the Mid-Prairie School District. It was so much fun to spend four days with the two teacher librarians in the district - I got to work with so many great kids and picked up so many great ideas for my future library!
5) Its Spring in the teaching world. I'm not sure how it happens -- but it sneaks up on me every year. From now until June 5th (ugh!) it will be a mad - but exciting - dash to get as much learning and fun completed before my students move on to high school! This also means doing lots of spring cleaning in my classroom and my computer!