Friday, May 2, 2014

Liebster Award

While I was on my hiatus (that sounds a lot better than I-was-so-overwhelmed-with-life-that-I-lost-all-motivation-to-do-anything-for-about-a-month), Becky at bybmg nominated me for a Liebster Award... I am new to the blogger world -- so I don't know much about this, but was excited to learn that it was an easy challenge and a great opportunity to learn share a little it more about myself!

Here are my answers to her fun questions...

1. If you were a color, what would you be and why?
Purple. It seems like such a versatile color -- I love that it can be royal and luxurious and also light and springy. 

2. What's something that you've made that you're proud of?
While I am not the craftiest or most creative person ever, I am really proud of how the decorations turned out for our wedding. They took a lot of help - my grandma sewed all 60+ table runners and my sister hot glued 30+ flower centerpieces - but I made all of the decisions and did most of the planning. It was a simple style (which I loved) and included gray and blue (which my husband loved). 


3. If you could have a shopping spree of $500 in one store, which store would you pick? What would you buy?
Target. And all the things. Seriously though, this is the one store where I need to be watched. I loose all track of time and money and logic.

4. What's the last book you read?
The graphic novel of The Red Pyramid by Rick Roirdan

5. What is one invention you think the world is missing?
A teleportation device... I am a commuter!

6. What's in your purse?
I am a full purse kind of person - but some of the staples in my purse are: my Gap wallet, a Vera Bradley gift-card and coupon holder, my Weight Watchers keychain, a pouch made from a TOMS flag that holds all my 'extras', a Target reusable shopping bag, my sunglasses, my iPhone and charger, Damsel in Defense pepper-spray, and my keys. 
Sometimes there are random snacks floating around the bottom of the bag -- but I've been trying to keep things pretty organized lately.


7. What is one beauty product you can't live without?
Mascara. I will not and can not leave the house without mascara on -- I don't think I'm too obsessive (I don't re-apply during the day and I'm very mindful of clumps) but it is a necessity in my life. It's a little thing that makes me feel a whole lot better about myself!

8.  When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A ballerina.

9. What was your first car?
My first car was a red, two-door Ford Aspire (google it for a good laugh). My favorite part was that it was a manual transmission -- I have always been proud of my ability to drive a stick and my current car is also one (which saves us a little money on gas!). 

10. If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be?
This was a hard question... and I'm worried that my answer is too limited - it doesn't seem like a very global change, but it's something that I see impact my life and my students.
I would change the fact that we (as a society) are constantly labeling each other. It feels like there is so much pressure to fit different labels: athlete, nature-lover, fashionista, crafter -- even my students feel pressured to fit into a specific label given to them by friends or family. I want kids (and adults) to feel free to experience and enjoy aspects of many different labels. You don't have to be a certain kind of woman or a certain kind of blogger -- we can all choose to do the things that make us feel comfortable and happy.


11. If you had a day to yourself, what would you do?
I would spend the day catching up on my dvd and Netflix lists. I am ridiculously into reality shows lately -- but it isn't something that my husband and I watch together. Having a day alone to enjoy watching TV and get some extra work done around the house doesn't sound glamorous -- but it's something I don't get to do very often. 

1 comment:

  1. Love this! I would love a catch up day, too! A Ford Aspire is a cute little car. I totally ditto you on mascara. I feel naked without it. I spent $70 at Target the other day without really meaning to. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete