Thursday, June 9, 2011

Workout Addict

Something has changed me -- I've become a workout addict.

Over the past 6 months I've been building to this... it's been a little rough at times, but I've made huge leaps (signed-up for a Y membership, ran a 5k) and I'm finally to the point where I need to be active everyday. My first two weeks of summer have really kicked my addiction into high gear. I wake up thinking about going to the gym and am tracking workouts on my google calendar (using my fav color, purple of course).

I feel like I can narrow my new addiction down to three basic causes: 1) Lately, I have chosen to surround myself by very active (and very happy) people. 2) Workout clothes are super cute and super comfy. 3) It's the summer... what else am I going to do with my extra time?

The best part of this new addiction is that it comes from a great place -- not a place of wanting to loose weight or look different -- it comes from a place of wanting to be happier, healthier, and more active... What a great place to be!

No comments:

Post a Comment